- 8 ounces (about 225g) dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Double Barrel Honey
- Cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or finely chopped nuts for coating (optional)
- Place the finely chopped dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat immediately.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for about 2 minutes to soften the chocolate.
- Gently stir the chocolate and cream together until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add the Double Barrel Honey to the chocolate mixture, stirring until it's fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture for at least 2-3 hours or until it becomes firm enough to shape.
- Once chilled, use a teaspoon to scoop out portions of the truffle mixture and roll them into small balls with your hands. If the mixture is too soft, you can briefly place it in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- Optionally, roll the truffles in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or finely chopped nuts to coat them.
- Place the finished truffles on a parchment-lined tray and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy these decadent Double Barrel Honey Chocolate Truffles as a delightful treat or as a homemade gift for chocolate lovers with a touch of bourbon-infused sweetness!